Monday, August 9, 2010

help...

If i forgot to mention that i've been staying in taiwan for the past couple of weeks, i'm terribly sorry! A lot has happened and i've rarely had the time to open up my laptop and document my everyday rantings. I'm very very sorry! ): i've been too selfish to not share any of the inspirations i've encountered the past weeks. But, since i've got time to write it down now. Or atleast I found the time to do so, I will continue to let you guys know what i've been up to!

Alright, i need your guys' input. I really don't know what to do for my future career. For the past years i've setted my mind to become an educator, to teach little kids; a kindergarten teacher. BUT before that, in my highschool years i've always wanted to become a fashion designer. Or anything to do with fashion... and designing. For the past couple of weeks my dad has opened my eyes. He told me just get into what i'm interested in while i'm young. He told me if teaching was my future, then go for it. But if designing is also my future, then i should head towards it. I really dont know what to do! I love both. Although i've never really designed a full on dress or any fashion related thing, i just love the concept of it all! He told me to finish my years of studying into the teaching career and if i'm still interested in fashion design, i should start getting into a fashion program of some sort. gah, so... I need your guys's help..

Should I become a fashion designer?or
Should I become a kindergarten teacher?

Help please ):

4 comments:

Kitty said...

I should show you the designs that me and my sisssy put together. We actually ended up making it. TEEHEE! Maybe her work will inspire? :D

My opinion will only be biased since I'm already a design major. Hohoho.

Kitty said...

You never knowww! Kevin is so Asiannn it's amazing, and he did something so simple as making Youtube vids- so why not you? :DDD

Tess said...

This could completely off, and I'm applying my own experiences...

Can't you do both? Not necessarily taking on both as lifelong passions, but head for two goals at the same time. For me at least, I'd hate to be tied down to one 'path' - it's all the little possibilities on the side that really excite me. Recently I've been discovering that life isn't about just choosing a career path and following it through to the end, it's about finding out what you want, doing what you enjoy, learning new things. You want to be a teacher, so go for it; but at the same time as studying, really look into design, because yeah, maybe it is what you want to do.

Ha, I hate it when people who don't know what they're talking about give me silly advice, so feel free to tell me to butt out :)

wititmeganstyle said...

omg thank you tess! and nooo i'm so open for suggestions! hence, why i posted this post in the first place :) haha. thank you so much for the advice though! i think i'll look into it :)